Monday, November 09, 2009

Sesame Street Turns 40!



So have you ever watched Sesame Street? Was it a TV show that you remember watching as a child? I'm curious because when I was growing up, we didn't have cable....as in.....it didn't exist. (Yes, I'm old, thanks for reminding me!)

Most of you have grown up with cable/digital satellite in your homes and Nickelodeon has been your network of choice. What differences or similarities do you see between the shows on Nickelodeon and the shows on PBS (like Sesame Street)? Is one better than the other?

Also, I'd like for you to do a little digging and see how Sesame Street has changed. You can find some clues in the article (click on the title of this post!), but you can also ask some of the older people in your life.
Post your comment below.

6 comments:

MarinaC2 said...

I saw that on the news all weekend. I cannot believe the show is only two years younger than my mother!


Fear the FANGS! >:B

jorge said...

sesame street is awsome i remeber when i was little and i was watching it. maybe thats why they came out with the elmo,cookie monster and the sesame street shirts.

LydiaR2 said...

Sesame Street is one of my little sister's favorite shows. Even though I'd rather watch Degrassi, I still enjoy seeing Cookie Monster (I so want a C.M. and Elmo shirt !) constantly singing " 'C' is for cookie, that's good enough for me!" and then eating up the Letter of the Day printed on a cookie with icing.

Good times, good times. :D

JeffreyS2 said...

wow sesame street is realy 40! I remeber when i was younger nd watching it two times a day in the moringing and in the afternoon.I always love elmos world.Also i loved the number and letter of the day.

LydiaR2 said...

I'm surprised that we can actually REMEMBER these things that were on Sesame Street, like the skits. I can't believe that it's still on, but rarely now. Now I am craving a Letter of the Day cookie ! Haha !

~//sHinEyReDfRuit\\~

kriss2 said...

I really didn't like to watch this show because it got kinda boring to me. I would go to my cousins house and cause trouble outside like jumping off of trees and jumping off of the stair-case.